Tuesday 17 January 2012

Perception

Not everything seems to be different,
Things are still lying at the same place as yesterday,
People are still coming n going as yesterday,
Nothing has changed from yesterday,
But still the world looks different from yesterday!

How many times have we seen such a difference in our lives, just by changing our way of thinking, life seems to be so changed and alive. This is the power of perception. The way we look at things, understand them, that's the way our life becomes. Few days back, I was bit depressed from life and everything seemed to be so gloomy and hopeless. I was driving with my father at night in a busy market area where people from all classes were busy buying their groceries. My father parked the car to buy some grocery. I wanted to stay in the car as I was not feeling happy, maybe facing my low mood swing.
As he went I sat inside the car and started observing people as i usually do. Many were heading for their homes and some young fellows came out with their freinds to hang out. It was a busy street, but still I felt insecure in the car. The world around me seemed to be so shallow, filled with bad people. It seemed like hopeless and filled with darkness. To me the world surely was at it's worst at that point. I waited for my father to come back and when he came back nothing changed at all, world was still at it's worst at that point.
Today, I was in that same place with my father and nothing had changed. People were still busy with their lives, some coming back from their jobs, some hanging out with their friends. World was same as it was few days back, but i did not feel insecure and world did not appear to be hopeless and meaningless. In every eyes their were dreams I could see, every person has his/her destination and everyone was trying to live their lives in their own way, world seemed different today, though nothing has changed from yesterday.
Their was surely a difference, not in the world but within me. Today I was happy and my mood was uplifted, everything seemed to me as hopeful and it felt like there is still love and compassion in this world. Surely, a good mood can change one's perception in a positive way.
So what I learned from my experience was that nothing is bad or good, deep or shallow, hopeful or hopeless, it's all in the way we look at things, the way we percieve them. If being in a good mood can make you look at life positively then everything in life becomes beautiful though nothing changed from yesterday, only our perception changed!
       
       " Always be in a good mood as it makes you look at life in a positive way!!"

7 comments:

  1. ...gud one,,i guess its goin to help me.. thanku....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..it will help ppl like me,,, keep writing,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanku..n surely i will..:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a good one,written very well and you have clearly shown how important the role of perception is in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its true... the way we are inside is the same way we see the world outside.... i did not no why... what u helped me... now i know thats perception.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yup .. the way we are inside is the ame way we see the world outside... i did not why ,, but u helped me.. now i know thas perception

    ReplyDelete